Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
Price Range: $$$
Durant's has been a staple on Central Avenue for decades. The secret of its incredible longevity is fairly simple: perfect martinis, fantastic steaks, and first-rate service have made this steakhouse... Read More
Durant's has been a staple on Central Avenue for decades. The secret of its incredible longevity is fairly simple: perfect martinis, fantastic steaks, and first-rate service have made this steakhouse a very popular local haunt. Dark wood, leather booths, and flocked wallpaper hark back to earlier days, but the 48-oz. mesquite-broiled porterhouse and the 20-oz. Delmonico are top-notch. Prime rib, crab cakes, broiled scallops, calf's liver, and lamb chops also give diners delicious pause. Great wines and pungent garlic bread are a way of life here, and if you park in the back, don't hesitate to come in through the kitchen, like everyone else does. Bustling after-work bar scene too.
- Mon-Thu: 11am-10pm
- Fri: 11am-11pm
- Sat-Sun: 5pm-11pm
- No Cover Charge
- Steakhouses: "Even if you're not hungry enough for a full meal, consider stopping into Durant's to experience the bar, which is considered to have some of the best ambiance and martinis in central Phoenix."
- Best Restaurants: "Come here for a unique and iconic Phoenix steakhouse. Park in the back parking lot and head in through the kitchen. You will feel like you are acting out Goodfellas."
- Romantic Dining: "As one of the oldest and most storied restaurants in central Phoenix, Durant's offers a unique steakhouse experience full of vintage romance."
- Best for Steakhouses Because: Durant's is a central Phoenix institution known for its prime rib, stiff martinis and old-school ambiance.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Durant's might be Phoenix's most storied restaurant, but it's also a perennial favorite for great steak dishes.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: The big leather booths and dark interior at this central Phoenix classic have serious vintage romance vibes.
Find the 10Best nearby: