Nobuo at Teeter House
Cuisine: Asian, Japanese
This Japanese-inspired restaurant was an immediate sensation at its debut back in 2010, famous for the artistic sensibilities of local James Beard Award-winning chef Nobuo Fukuda. The chef-artist is a... Read More
This Japanese-inspired restaurant was an immediate sensation at its debut back in 2010, famous for the artistic sensibilities of local James Beard Award-winning chef Nobuo Fukuda. The chef-artist is a critical darling for his iconoclastic take on traditional Japanese cuisine. By day, nosh on the elegant small plates and light, impeccably constructed salads, sandwiches and bowls. In the evening, the dinner menu is divided between appetizers, cold dishes and warm dishes, all featuring seasonal ingredients, fresh fish and always-unexpected pairings. The real star of the show at Nobuo is the omakase (chef's choice) menu, extravagant, reservations-only multi-course affairs that take place on the weekends.
- Best Restaurants: "If you can't make it for dinner, drop by for Nobuo's small but uniformly terrific lunch menu."
- Romantic Dining, Restaurants near Chase Field: "Try the irresistible okonomiyaki, traditional Japanese bar food featuring a crispy exterior and eggy interior that resembles a cross between a pancake and omelet."
- Restaurants near US Airways Center: "The best thing to try at Nobuo is usually whatever the chef has prepared for the night."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Nobuo is a stately Asian-style teahouse serving artful, traditional Japanese cuisine.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Nobuo is a modern Asian teahouse delivering elegant Japanese food creations, served in a cozy and romantic historic home in downtown Phoenix.
- Best for Restaurants near Chase Field Because: Nobuo at Teeter House serves some of the most elegant and delicious Japanese food in the city.
- Best for Restaurants near US Airways Center Because: Nobuo at Teeter House is a downtown destination for creative Japanese fare from a James Beard Award winning chef.