Also Featured In
Desert Roots Kitchen
Desert Roots Kitchen is a vegan and vegetarian cafe tucked away in a colorful alley in downtown Tempe. Chef and owner Leslie Robin, a vegan for more than a decade, dishes out hearty and delicious... Read More
Desert Roots Kitchen is a vegan and vegetarian cafe tucked away in a colorful alley in downtown Tempe. Chef and owner Leslie Robin, a vegan for more than a decade, dishes out hearty and delicious vegetarian and vegan cuisine featuring fresh ingredients sourced from local farms. The menu changes frequently but often features pasta salads, rice and bean dishes, vegetarian tamales, vegetarian chili, soups, mixed greens, hummus, and an array of vegetarian deli items. Deli meals are prepared and ready for voracious diners. Only covered outdoor seating available, but there's plenty of shade to be had for an enjoyable, healthy and delicious lunch.
414 S. Mill Ave #111
Tempe, AZ 85281
- Best for Gluten-Free Baked Goods Because: Desert Roots Kitchen in Tempe is a good stop for vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free dining.
- Best for Vegetarian Because: Even if you've never eaten a vegan dish in your life, Desert Roots Kitchen's tasty selection of eclectic, nicely seasoned fare will please most diners.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Desert Roots Kitchen is a homegrown vegan cafe where real ingredients are the star of each dish. Great homemade pastries available every day.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: Desert Roots Kitchen caters to diners looking for fresh, healthy and delicious menu items.
- Best for Tempe's Best Restaurants Because: Desert Roots Kitchen is a gourmet vegetarian cafe located in Tempe's trendy Mill Avenue district featuring farm-fresh ingredients and flavors.