Also Featured In
Mt. Lemmon Ski Resort
Type: Outdoor Activities, Skiing
Located about an hour from town, Mt. Lemmon's ski lift runs year round you can use it to reach the top for skiing in the winter or hiking in the summer. And thanks to the mountain's altitude (about... Read More
Located about an hour from town, Mt. Lemmon's ski lift runs year round you can use it to reach the top for skiing in the winter or hiking in the summer. And thanks to the mountain's altitude (about 9000 feet), the climate is substantially different than in Tucson. It's not uncommon for folks to spend the day skiing, and then drive back to their hotel in Tucson for an afternoon dip in the hotel's outdoor pool. During the summer, be sure to bring a jacket a tank top and shorts may be comfortable in town, but it probably won't be enough on the mountain! Ski runs are usually open from mid-December to April.
- Contact for Specific Dates and Times
- Lift Tickets Adult $23 - $32; Senior $27; Student $11 - $14
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: A trip to Mt. Lemmon offers a fun and romantic day trip from Tucson.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Mt. Lemmon offers the perfect escape from the summer heat, and a winter wonderland for skiers.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Mt. Lemmon offers a scenic drive and a crisp, cool escape from the heat of the desert valley below.