Tucson Museum of Art and Historic Block
Type: Art Museums, Historic Sites, Museums
The Tucson Museum of Art houses a permanent exhibit of pre-Columbian art, Western art, Latin American art (from ancient to contemporary), modern and contemporary art, and Asian art, plus traveling... Read More
The Tucson Museum of Art houses a permanent exhibit of pre-Columbian art, Western art, Latin American art (from ancient to contemporary), modern and contemporary art, and Asian art, plus traveling exhibits. It also houses an art school and an art library. There is a fine gift shop within the museum, as well. Located in the historic El Presidio (the original walled city), the Art Museum shares the district with historic homes, one of which is on the National Register of Historic Places. All are within easy walking distance of the museum. Well worth a visit when you're in downtown Tucson.
140 N Main Ave
Tucson, AZ 85701-8218
- Romantic Things to Do, Best Attractions & Activities, Museums, Family-Friendly Museums: "Don't miss the historic presidio."
- Things to Do in December: "Be sure bring your walking shoes to take advantage of any other exhibits currently available while visiting El Nacimiento in La Casa Cordova."
- Free Things to Do: "The First Thursday of the month is free after 5 p.m."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: For a romantic urban outing, explore Tucson's historic city center and one of the city's best museums.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: El Nacimiento is the longest running nativity scene in Tucson.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Tucson Museum of Art and Historic Block preserves some of Tucson's oldest buildings.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The Tucson Museum of Art offers free admission for everyone on the first Thursday of the month after 5 p.m.
- Best for Museums Because: The Tucson Museum of Art and Historic Block is the place to discover southwestern art and explore some of the oldest buildings in the city.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The Tucson Museum of Art offers hands-on exhibits for art lovers of all ages.