Also Featured In
Prep and Pastry
Cuisine: American, Eclectic
Prep and Pastry opened in 2013, announcing itself as a "craft" breakfast, lunch and brunch destination in central Tucson. Essentially, this means dishes are made from scratch and crafted from locally... Read More
Prep and Pastry opened in 2013, announcing itself as a "craft" breakfast, lunch and brunch destination in central Tucson. Essentially, this means dishes are made from scratch and crafted from locally sourced ingredients. The breakfast menu is unique and sophisticated. Highlights include the Chef Omelette, which changes daily and is served with a side of the house hash. Another stand-out is the A.M. Relleno, a savory mix of eggs, pico, queso fresco, poblano pepper, corn tortilla strips, and a rich mole sauce. The duck confit hash is another gourmet breakfast specialty, made with shallots, spinach, chardonnay braised golden raisins, goat cheese mousse, and an over easy egg.
- Homestyle: "Prep & Pastry now has two locations in Tucson, including central and east-side locations."
- Best Restaurants, Lunch: "Prep & Pastry also has an afternoon tea, poured every weekday from 1 pm to 3 pm. Reservations are required."
- Group Friendly: "Prep & Pastry also has an afternoon tea, poured every weekday from 2 pm to 4 pm. Reservations are required."
- Breakfast: "Lemon poppy French toast and freshly made cinnamon buns are highlights of the breakfast menu."
- Breakfast/Brunch: "Try the duck confit cast iron hash for breakfast!"
- Best for Homestyle Because: Prep & Pastry dishes out homestyle fare using local and gourmet ingredients.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Prep & Pastry remains a strong Tucson destination for brunch.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Prep & Pastry has a beautiful open dining room and a menu of eclectic eats that will appeal to larger groups.
- Best for Breakfast Because: Prep and Pastry is a bonafide foodie find, featuring a menu with unique breakfast offerings made from local ingredients.
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: Prep & Pastry offers a gourmet take on breakfast and brunch, including dishes made with duck confit.
- Best for Lunch Because: Stylish, gourmet comfort food in hipster-approved digs make Prep & Pastry a good option for lunch any day.