Also Featured In
Cuisine: Deli, Dutch, European, Vegetarian
Price Range: $
This lovely, authentic Aruban house is indeed The Sugar Garden (De Suikertuin) of downtown Oranjestad. Wherever you choose to take a seat, - inside, in the cozy, air-conditioned home-style cafe or... Read More
This lovely, authentic Aruban house is indeed The Sugar Garden (De Suikertuin) of downtown Oranjestad. Wherever you choose to take a seat, - inside, in the cozy, air-conditioned home-style cafe or outside, under a tropical tree or in the shady patio - a breakfast or lunch here will always delight the senses. De Suikertuin has something for everyone. Check out their menu while having your first Cappuccino or a freshly squeezed orange juice. The Pampering Breakfast is more than a promise, and if Dutch pancakes sound tempting, know that many toppings are possible - hearty or sweet. If you still can't decide what you want for lunch, just ask what the daily specials are.
- Best Value, Lunch, Restaurants near Cruise Port: "Hotchpotch of onion and carrot with beef stew is a typical Dutch dish, but if a Caesar Chicken Wrap is more familiar, go for it! There are plenty of choices, even High Tea."
- Breakfast: "Try De Suikertuin's High Tea or High Wine. Reservations are required."
- Family Friendly: "A delicious and fun family afternoon is easy to arrange. Call and make reservations for Suikertuin's High Tea."
- Recommended as Best Value, Lunch, Family Friendly, Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: De Suikertuin has an extensive menu that includes great choices for kids, vegetarians, picky eaters... for everyone.
- Best for Breakfast Because: De Suikertuin is a welcoming homely place that offers many delighful dishes plus a couple of unique mealtime gatherings.