Ardastra Gardens Zoo and Conservation Centre
Type: Gardens, Sightseeing, Zoos
Nearly 300 animals - Vietnamese pot-bellied pigs, Madagascar lemurs, monkeys, jaguars, reptiles and a vast array of birds - call Ardastra Gardens home, and some may share the walkways with you as you... Read More
Nearly 300 animals - Vietnamese pot-bellied pigs, Madagascar lemurs, monkeys, jaguars, reptiles and a vast array of birds - call Ardastra Gardens home, and some may share the walkways with you as you amble through the tranquil acreage. Although just a few miles from downtown Nassau, this place feels worlds away from the busy casinos and fast-paced nightlife of the islands. Time your visit so that you see the flock of trained flamingos, national bird of the Bahamas, march in unison. The attraction also schedules feeding times for its lorikeets, and guests are allowed to enter the screened aviary to hand feed the colorful birds - a great photo opp!
- Daily 9am-5pm
- Adult BSD15; Child (5-12) BSD7.50; Child (0-4) Free
- Sightseeing: "Have your camera ready as you stroll the grounds among free ranging flamingos that love to pose."
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Ardastra Gardens is one of Nassau's oldest attractions and a don't miss for plant- and animal-lovers.
- Attractions near Cruise Port: "Time your visit for one of three Flamingo shows at 10:30 a.m., 2:15 p.m. and 4 p.m. daily."
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: At Ardastra Gardens, you can wander through the breathtakingly beautiful grounds alongside the unique wildlife that call this Nassau park home.