Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Fogo de Chao
Cuisine: Brazilian, Latin, Steakhouse
Price Range: $$$
This popular steakhouse has branches across Brazil and has even expanded internationally. The Barra branch offers top quality grilled meats on a 'rodizio' basis - waiters flit among the tables, ... Read More
This popular steakhouse has branches across Brazil and has even expanded internationally. The Barra branch offers top quality grilled meats on a 'rodizio' basis - waiters flit among the tables, offering slice after freshly-cooked slice to diners. The main emphasis is on beef, but chicken and pork get a look-in too, and there's a lavish buffet laden with all manner of tempting sides. The set price of around R$120 includes limitless meat and as many trips to the buffet as you can manage, and vegetarians can opt for a 'Market Table' - trading the meat cuts for treats such as hearts of palm, quinoa salads and imported cheeses.
- Best Restaurants, Barra's Best Restaurants: "Make sure you come here with a hearty appetite - have a light lunch if you're coming for dinner - to make the most of the meaty treats"
- Buffet, Group Friendly: "There's no real dress code here, but it's something of a special occasion restaurant, and most diners will be smart-casual"
- Family Friendly: "The picanha is generally considered to be the best cut - don't be shy about asking for it if the waiters don't seem to have brought any."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: This is the original Brazilian version of a chain that has now expanded internationally.
- Best for Barra's Best Restaurants Because: Fogo de Chao is often cited as the best steakhouse chain in Rio - and Brazil - and scores bonus points for catering to vegetarians
- Best for Buffet Because: The buffet at Fogo de Chao has a huge range of hot and cold sides
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Fogo de Chao is hugely popular with locals and visitors alike