Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Brazil is famous for the quality of its meat, and carnivores with a hankering to sink their teeth into as many cuts as possible will be in seventh heaven at Porcao. This chain of Brazilian '... Read More
Brazil is famous for the quality of its meat, and carnivores with a hankering to sink their teeth into as many cuts as possible will be in seventh heaven at Porcao. This chain of Brazilian ' churrascarias', or meat grills, works on an all-you-can-eat principle, whereby smartly-dressed waiters bring slab after glistening slab of meat to your table until you can eat no more. There are branches in Ipanema and Barra da Tijuca, but the Flamengo branch - known as Porcao Rio's - is the standout thanks to its floor to ceiling windows that take in a jaw-dropping view of Sugar Loaf mountain. Along with tucking into an endless supply of meat, diners can pay as many visits as they like the the heaving buffet, which offers salads, sushi, seafood, cheeses, olives and all manner of other treats.
- Lunch, Restaurants near Estádio do Maracanã, Best Value, Group Friendly, Family Friendly, Best Restaurants, Restaurants near Cruise Port: "Vegetarians won't go hungry at Porcao - the buffet is so laden with meat-free goodies that even the staunchest of meat-avoiders will be able to sate their appetite."
- Buffet: "Porcao Rio's is most famous for its all-you-can-eat meat, but the lavish buffet is a treat for vegetarians, with its vast array of colorful salads, sushi, risottos, breads and cheeses"
- Best for Lunch Because: Porcao is a legend among Rio's many all-you-can-eat grills, and this branch has spectacular views.
- Best for Restaurants near Estádio do Maracanã Because: Matchgoers can take the metro to nearby Flamengo for a post-game meat feast.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: The set price for an all-you-can-eat feast of top quality fare makes Porcao excellent value.
- Best for Buffet Because: The buffet here is top quality and caters to everybody from vegans to dedicated carnivores.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: This is a popular spot for leisurely weekend meals with friends and family.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Children under five eat free and it's half price for under-11s at this high quality churrascaria.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Porcao is the best place in Rio to enjoy an all-you-can-eat meat feast.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: All-you-can-eat quality meat, plus stunning views of Sugar Loaf make this a must-visit for carnivores.