Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Price Range: $$
This downtown vegetarian lunch spot is slightly hidden above a backstreet store, but it's well worth seeking out. A popular choice with local workers - whether veggie or just looking for a healthy and... Read More
This downtown vegetarian lunch spot is slightly hidden above a backstreet store, but it's well worth seeking out. A popular choice with local workers - whether veggie or just looking for a healthy and budget-friendly lunch. Each day there's a set meal - including a soup, main, drink and healthy dessert, while the buffet also offers a staggering array of tempting healthy options - including colorful salads, wholegrain rice, lentils and beans in various incarnations, and even meat-free versions of classic Brazilian dishes such as feijoada. It's not entirely vegan - cheese and eggs get a look in, but there are plenty of vegan options.
- Lunch, Restaurants near Estádio do Maracanã, Best Value: "Restaurante Green is located in Rio's business district, and is a hit with lunching office workers. It's open for lunch only, and closed on Sundays"
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus, Restaurants near Cruise Port: "The restaurant's location above a store is a little confusing, but look out for the sign and you'll find the stairs up to the dining area."
- Vegetarian: "Come here hungry - the meals may be meat-free, but they're filling, and there are a lot of tempting buffet options."
- Buffet: "Come here hungry - the set meals are filling, and the buffet is loaded with hearty, healthy fare"
- Best for Lunch Because: This is a great place for a lunch that won't blow the beach diet.
- Best for Restaurants near Estádio do Maracanã Because: This shopping center has a surprisingly good food offer, covering a wide range of tastes.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus, Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: Restaurante Green has been serving delicious, healthy dishes at fair prices for more than three decades.
- Best for Vegetarian Because: Restaurante Green is one of Rio's most established vegetarian restaurants, and has built up a loyal clientele among health-conscious locals.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Restaurante Green has been serving healthy, hearty and fairly-priced food for more than three decades.
- Best for Buffet Because: Green is one of Centro's best-loved buffet restaurants among health-conscious locals