Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Price Range: $$
Indian food is hard to come by in Rio, so this this little lunch spot downtown is a welcome addition to the city's gastronomic scene. The dishes are less than authentically 'Indian' - there's a vegan... Read More
Indian food is hard to come by in Rio, so this this little lunch spot downtown is a welcome addition to the city's gastronomic scene. The dishes are less than authentically 'Indian' - there's a vegan version of the classic Brazilian dish feijoda on offer each week - but are Indian-inspired. Each day there are two set menus - at least one of which is usually vegan - comprising a small starter and main, and a choice of hot and cold Indian teas. The first floor restaurant is reached via a stairwell strewn with rose petals, and on entering, a waft of incense alerts you to the fact that this is not your standard Brazilian restaurant. Sitar music (sometimes live) adds to the 'Indian' theme, and veggies and vegans will appreciate the opportunity to tuck in with gusto. Portions are large, and prices are reasonable.
Rua Rodrigo Silva 6
Rio de Janeiro, 20011-040
- Restaurants near Estádio do Maracanã, Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "Don't come here expecting hot and spicy Indian dishes - think vegetarian food, given a little Indian seasoning."
- Vegetarian: "If you've ever wondered what an Indian-inspired, vegan version of the classic Brazilian feijoada tastes like, come here on a Friday lunch time to find out."
- Best for Restaurants near Estádio do Maracanã Because: This centro lunch restaurant is an easy walk from the Metro at Cinelandia, just a few minutes down the track from Maracana.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Porcao offers some of the best salads and sushi in the city, as well as top-quality meat.
- Best for Vegetarian Because: A pleasant ambiance, tasty and filling veggie food, and vegan options make this a winner with meat-free visitors to Rio.