Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Mixing French chic with Brazilian panache, the Michelin-starred Le Pre-Catalan is one of Rio's most highly regarded restaurants. Head chef Roland Villard keeps his menus fresh and inventive, and uses... Read More
Mixing French chic with Brazilian panache, the Michelin-starred Le Pre-Catalan is one of Rio's most highly regarded restaurants. Head chef Roland Villard keeps his menus fresh and inventive, and uses local ingredients to add a distinctly Brazilian twist to French classics. The Swarovski chandeliers and sweeping views over Copacabana beach add a sense of drama to the proceedings - this is very much a special occasion restaurant, and it's wise to dress up for dinner here (although smart dress by Rio standards would be considered casual elsewhere - jacket and tie definitely not required). A-la-carte options are available, but for a real treat go for one of the taster menus, which take in up to 10 courses and will set you back the equivalent of around US$150 per head. Given the quality of the food, service and the luxe atmosphere, it's money well spent. The restaurant occupies the top floor of the Sofitel Rio Hotel but is open to non-guests.
- Romantic Dining, Fine Dining, Ipanema's Best Fine Dining, Copacabana's Best Beach Restaurants, Best Restaurants: "Request a window table when booking if you want to soak up those amazing views as you eat."
- Copacabana's Best Restaurants: "Be sure to mention when booking if you will be here for an anniversary, birthday or special occasion - you may be in for some special treats."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Le Pre-Catalan offers top-notch food, attentive service and dramatically ornate decor.
- Best for Copacabana's Best Restaurants Because: Le Pre-Catelan is one of the most highly regarded restaurants in all of Rio.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: Chef Roland Villard is one of Brazil's most esteemed chefs, and his fine dining French restaurant is a treat for gourmands in Rio
- Best for Ipanema's Best Fine Dining Because: Technically Copacabana, this French fine-dining restaurant is a stone's throw from Ipanema, and worth the quick stroll.
- Best for Copacabana's Best Beach Restaurants Because: Le Pre-Catelan is one of the most acclaimed restaurants in Rio, with a menu that combines French and Brazilian flavors.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: This elegant restaurant is lauded for its top quality food and impeccable service.