Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Price Range: $$
This retro-chic bar and restaurant enjoys a prime location in front of Ipanema beach, and just a short walk from Copacabana. Props to the place for maintaining a sense of fun while taking its food and... Read More
This retro-chic bar and restaurant enjoys a prime location in front of Ipanema beach, and just a short walk from Copacabana. Props to the place for maintaining a sense of fun while taking its food and drinks seriously. Top foodie picks are the seafood and pasta dishes, while the cocktail list is staggeringly long- there is even a menu entirely dedicated to gin and tonics. Meanwhile, beer drinkers can make themselves comfortable - waitstaff stroll around the bar selling ice-cold, freshly-poured chopp (draught beer) to customers right at their tables. The sidewalk patio is a wonderful place to watch the sun make its dramatic descent over Ipanema beach.
- Ipanema's Best Fine Dining: "This is a top spot for gin fans - there is an engiore menu dedicated to the drink"
- Copacabana's Best Beach Restaurants: "Come here for bar snacks and drinks or full meals - the menu caters to all appetite levels."
- Beach Restaurants: "Head here in the late fternoon to bag a sidewalk table and enjoyfood and drinks as the sun dips over the water"
- Best for Ipanema's Best Fine Dining Because: Superior cocktails, meaty mains and superb sea views make this worth a visit
- Best for Copacabana's Best Beach Restaurants Because: The great views, good food and fantastic cocktails make this worth the quick stroll to Arpoador.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: Bar Astor has fine foodie offering as well as consistently good cocktails and a plum beachfront setting.