Explore Rio de Janeiro
Fasano Al Mare
Cuisine: European, Italian
Price Range: $$$$
This elegant seafood-focused Italian restaurant at the super-chic Fasano Rio hotel is a favorite among business people looking to impress clients, as well as with romantic types looking to impress... Read More
This elegant seafood-focused Italian restaurant at the super-chic Fasano Rio hotel is a favorite among business people looking to impress clients, as well as with romantic types looking to impress their dates. The Phillipe-Starck designed interiors have a cool, minimalist style with plenty of crisp white linen, and diners can request a private table separated from the main room by linen curtains. There are views over the beach, and the food is high quality, if also highly expensive. Chef Paolo Lavezzini joined the restaurant from the triple-Michelin-starred Enoteca Pinchiorri in Florence, and creates wonderful pastas and seafood risottos, as well as other dishes that combine local ingredients with Mediterranean flavors.
- Ipanema's Best Restaurants, Romantic Dining, Fine Dining: "Request a private table if you want to be able to exchange sweet nothings without the distraction of other diners."
- Ipanema's Best Fine Dining: "Italian restaurants can be a minefield for gluten-free diners, but Fasano Al Mare now has an entire tasting menu dedicated to GF delights."
- Beach Restaurants: "Follow your meal with drinks a Baretto-Londra, Fasano Rio's hip bar"
- Best for Ipanema's Best Restaurants Because: This is a top spot for fine dining in Ipanema, and is popular with a high-end clientele
- Best for Ipanema's Best Fine Dining Because: This is one of the most elegant restaurants in Ipanema, serving delicious seafood with lovely sea views
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Fasano Al Mare is an elegant restaurant serving some of the best seafood in Rio.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: The opulent setting is the perfect place for a lavish afternoon tea.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: This chic seafood spot enjoys a prime location right in front of Ipanema beach.