Explore Rio de Janeiro
Type: Women's Clothing, Young and Trendy Clothing
Stylist-turned-swimwear queen Lenny Niemeyer is the woman credited with re-inventing the Brazilian bikini. The designer has made stylish Cariocas less interested in sporting the famous 'dental floss'... Read More
Stylist-turned-swimwear queen Lenny Niemeyer is the woman credited with re-inventing the Brazilian bikini. The designer has made stylish Cariocas less interested in sporting the famous 'dental floss' and more concerned with beautiful cuts and curve-enhancing designs. Niemeyer launched her Lenny brand with this Ipanema store in the early 1990s, and today the chain has 18 branches in Brazil while the brand is stocked by the chicest of swimwear stores in Europe and the USA. Head here for super-stylish bikinis, one-pieces and beachwear, including some beautiful sarongs that work equally well as skirts, dresses and beach towels. If you want to give the locals a run for their money in the sexy and stylish stakes, head here.
Rua Garcia D'Avila, 149
Rio de Janeiro,
- Best Shopping, Christmas Shopping, Leblon's Best Shopping, Ipanema's Best Shopping: "The bikinis here are expensive, but the cuts are beautiful and the quality is high."
- Recommended as Best Shopping Because: Visitors hoping to look chic on the beach should make Lenny their first port of call.
- Best for Christmas Shopping Because: Lenny bikinis are renowned the world over for their beautiful cuts and tasteful prints and make wonderful Christmas presents for style-conscious ladies.
- Best for Leblon's Best Shopping Because: Stylish locals flock to the Leblon branch of this super-chic swimwear store.
- Best for Ipanema's Best Shopping Because: The sexy but stylish swimwear at Lenny has been a huge hit worldwide.
Find the 10Best nearby: