Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Lucy Bryson
Type: Active, Adventure, Attractions, City, Day Trips, Family Friendly, Free Attractions, Great Views, Outdoor Activities, Outdoor Activities - Summer, Public Spaces, Relaxing, Romantic, Sightseeing, Uniquely Here, Water
Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas
Rio de Janeiro,
- Things to Do in December, Outdoor Activities, Sightseeing: "Head here at Christmas to see an absolutely enormous artificial Christmas tree - lit with millions of twinkling stars - right in the middle of the lake."
- Things to Do with Kids: "B sure to visit here if you're in Rio during December:an absolutely enormous artificial Christmas tree - lit with millions of twinkling stars - sits right in the middle of the lake."
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: The giant Christmas tree at the center of the lake is a major attraction, and the switch-on features live bands and attracts huge crowds
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Visitors can rent a pedal boat and take to the waters, or a four-person bike for a family ride around the lake.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Visitors can take a boat onto the lake or run, cycle, or stroll the 7km perimeter.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Rio's mountain-flanked city lake is another of the city's postcard-perfect spots.