Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Type: Art & Culture, Attractions, City, Family Friendly, Free Attractions, Great Views, Local Picks, Outdoor Activities, Public Spaces, Relaxing, Romantic, Sightseeing, Uniquely Here, Unusual
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Parque Lage remains little visited by tourists - bring a picnic for an afternoon's escape from the crowds.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The vast gardens, complete with caves and small aquariums, are fun for kids to explore.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Parque Lage can be a relaxed picnic spot or the starting point for hikes into the Tijuca National Park.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: This under-the-radar attraction has gorgeous views and makes for great photographs
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The arts school here is a stunning building hosting interesting exhibitions, while the caves and caverns in the grounds appeal to kids.
- Best for Museums Because: The art school at Parque Lage is a lovely setting for displays by up and coming artists.