Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Aforondo/Flickr
French chic meets Brazilian cool at this super-stylish hillside hideaway in Santa Teresa. The vast colonial mansion sits in verdant gardens complete with large swimming pool, and the French owners... Read More
French chic meets Brazilian cool at this super-stylish hillside hideaway in Santa Teresa. The vast colonial mansion sits in verdant gardens complete with large swimming pool, and the French owners have upped the wow factor still further with interiors that have more than a dash of panache. Each of the suites is unique in layout and decor, and the lavish breakfasts served outside under the trees are something to be savored for as long as possible. With a poolside setting this beautiful, you may find yourself spending a lot less time on the beaches of Ipanema and Copacabana than you had imagined.
- Best for Romantic Hotels Because: Sipping a cocktail by the pool in the hotel's tropical gardens is about as romantic as it gets
- Best for Airport Hotels Because: It's worth taking the 15-minute cab ride from the domestic airport to this lovely boutique spot in leafy Santa Teresa
- Best for Boutique Hotels Because: Mama Ruisa boutique hotel offers stylish accommodations in a beautiful setting.
- Best for Luxury Hotels Because: Santa Teresa is often referred to as the ´Montmartre of the tropics´, and this chic guesthouse brims with French chic amid tropical gardens.
- Recommended as Best Hotels Because: This sleek boutique pousada is a refreshing alternative to bland apartment blocks on the beachfront.
— If you book a hotel by clicking one of our booking links, 10Best may earn a small commission.