Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Type: Bar, Live Music, Local Picks
It might not look like much, but this unassuming hole-in-the-wall bar in Copacabana is one of the top spots in RIo to hear live music. Tucked away on a Copacabana backstreet, the bar manages to... Read More
It might not look like much, but this unassuming hole-in-the-wall bar in Copacabana is one of the top spots in RIo to hear live music. Tucked away on a Copacabana backstreet, the bar manages to attract some of the most skilled musicians in town, who come here for impromptu jam sessions, much to the patrons' delight. Laid back and relaxed, this is not the spot for a glamorous night out, but for some quality samba, forro or pagode in intimate surrounds, bip bip is the place. A word of advice - don't talk during the musical performances if you don't want to incur the wrath of the owner.
Rua Goncalves 50
Rio de Janeiro, 20251
21 2267 9696
- Mon,: Wed-Thu; 9pm-Midnight
- Tue: 9pm-Noon
- Fri-Sat: 8pm-1am
- Sun: 6pm-10pm
- Copacabana's Best Nightlife, Copacabana's Best Beach Bars, Live Music, Bars: "Dress down, rather than dress to impress, if you want to fit in with the locals at this neighborhood bar."
- Night Clubs: "The musical menu features delicate choro sounds on Mondays and Tuesday, bossa nova on Wednesdays, and Samba from Thursday through Sunday"
- Best for Copacabana's Best Nightlife Because: This unassuming, informal bar sees top musicians gather for live jam sessions.
- Best for Night Clubs Because: This tiny bar has a street party vibe and is the best place in Rio for live samba
- Best for Copacabana's Best Beach Bars Because: It's a block back from the beach, but this legendary live music venue continues the ultra-laid back vibe
- Best for Live Music Because: Bip Bip's live jam sessions are legendary among music lovers in Rio
- Best for Bars Because: This tiny bar is the setting for top quality live music.