Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Samba lovers of all ages flock to this downtown dance house, where the fleet of foot and supple of rump shimmy and shake around the dance floor. The club is housed in a tall and handsome colonial... Read More
Samba lovers of all ages flock to this downtown dance house, where the fleet of foot and supple of rump shimmy and shake around the dance floor. The club is housed in a tall and handsome colonial building, with a balcony overlooking the crowded streets of Lapa - perfect for people-watching and catching a breath of fresh air before you carry on your dance-athon. If you don't feel confident to take to the floor yourself, just admire the locals' skill and sip on a caipirinha until the Dutch courage kicks in. It is largely assumed that foreigners can't dance, so nobody will judge too harshly.
- Night Clubs: "Carioca da Gema also runs a very good pizzeria right next door - perfect for refueling after some dance floor action."
- Dance Clubs, Nightlife near Estádio do Maracanã, Live Music: "Carioca da Gema also run a very good pizzeria right next door - perfect for refuelling as the evening wears on."
- Best for Night Clubs Because: Less touristy than Rio Scenarium, Carioca da Gema attracts seriously fleet-footed locals.
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: This great downtown samba club is a top place to see local sambistas strut their stuff.
- Best for Nightlife near Estádio do Maracanã Because: Carioca da Gema attractd locals that are serious about dancing samba.
- Best for Live Music Because: Fleet of foot locals head straight for this Lapa hot dancing hotspot at the weekends.