Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
It doesn't look like much, but this unpretentious little spot in leafy Santa Teresa offers vast portions of delicious Northeastern Brazilian food at more than reasonable prices. The walls are hung... Read More
It doesn't look like much, but this unpretentious little spot in leafy Santa Teresa offers vast portions of delicious Northeastern Brazilian food at more than reasonable prices. The walls are hung with paintings by Chilean artist Selaron - whose masterwork, the Lapa Steps, lies just a few minutes' walk from the restaurant - and the accommodating staff always offer the warmest of welcomes and the speediest of service. The restaurant (it's a bar in name only) serves hearty dishes such as sundried beef with cassava, rice and beans, while vegetarians can opt to switch the meat for 'queijo coalho' - thick slabs of grilled white cheese. Exercise caution when spooning on the pepper sauce that is served with each dish, it's fiery stuff. Set meals for one easily serve two or even three, making this a cost-effective spot for couples, families and groups of friends with hearty appetites.
Rua Almirante Alexandrino 316
Rio de Janeiro, 20241
21 2210 0817
- Tue-Thu: Noon-10pm
- Fri: Noon-11pm
- Sat: Midnight-11pm
- Sun: Noon-5pm Hours; May; Vary; Seasonally
- Best for Santa Teresa's Best Restaurants Because: Delicious, traditional northeastern food in mammoth portions make this a great option for hungry visitors.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Friendly service and huge portions of delicious, fairly priced food make this one of Rio's best spots for relaxed dining.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Friendly staff, vast portions of delicious food and fair prices make this a top value restaurant.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: The vast portions of delicious comfort food at Bar do Arnaudo are ideal for sharing.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Huge portions, friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere make this a good bet for families.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: Affable staff, delicious, hearty food and more than ample proportions make this cosy spot a delight to dine in.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Bar do Arnaudo serves vast portions of hearty Brazilian food in a homely setting.