Explore Rio de Janeiro
Cuisine: Brazilian, Latin, Local Specialty
Price Range: $
This small, unassuming, unsigned little lunch and brunch spot is a great option for anybody with an aversion to gluten or a preference for natural, organic ingredients. Alongside a range of wholemeal... Read More
This small, unassuming, unsigned little lunch and brunch spot is a great option for anybody with an aversion to gluten or a preference for natural, organic ingredients. Alongside a range of wholemeal sweet and savory tarts and pies and some yummy sandwiches, there are gluten-free cakes, tarts (try the palm-heart and yogurt) and a mini-store stocked with a range of pastas, biscuits and other goodies to take away. In addition, Cultivar Brazil serves unarguably the best Pao de Queijo (little cheese breads made with manioc flour), here made with organic ingredients. There's no sign above the cafe, but Cultivar Brazil opens right onto Santa Teresa's main drinking and dining strip.
Rua Paschoal Carlos Magno, 124
Rio de Janeiro, 20240-290
- Daily 10am-9pm
- Santa Teresa's Best Restaurants, Brunch, Breakfast, Breakfast/Brunch, Homestyle: "Wait until a fresh batch of pao de queijo comes fresh out of the oven, as these little lovelies are at their best when hot."
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "Sweet-toothed visitors might want to try the gluten-free, organic chocolate brownie, which is deliciously gooey."
- Vegetarian: "You won't see a local enter here without ordering Acai, Pao de Queijo, or both. Order these treats yourself and you'll understand why."
- Best Value: "It´s worth waiting until a batch of pao de queijo comes fresh out of the oven - these little golden beauties are at their best served piping hot."
- Family Friendly: "Browse the tiny 'shop' here - there are some good kids' snacks that make a change from chemical laden supermarket versions"
- Street Food: "It's worth waiting until a batch of pao de queijo comes fresh out of the oven - these little golden beauties are at their best served piping hot."
- Take Out: "It´s worth waiting until a batch comes fresh out of the oven - these little golden beauties are at their best served piping hot."
- Best for Santa Teresa's Best Restaurants Because: Delicious organic goodies attract long lines at this friendly little spot.
- Best for Brunch Because: This place serves some of the yummiest breakfast dishes in town, and it serves them all day long.
- Best for Breakfast Because: The pao de queijo here is the best in the city, hands down.
- Best for Breakfast/Brunch Because: Cariocas flock from all over town to tuck into the famous pao de queijo at Cultivar Brasil, and the acai is hugely popular, too.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Cultivar Brazil makes eating wholesome, organic food feel like a treat rather than a chore.
- Best for Vegetarian Because: Cultivar Brazil makes eating organic, meat-free food feel like a treat rather than chore.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: The pao de queijo at Cultivar Brazil is widely regarded as the best in town, and modestly-priced.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: The light meals here are all free of chemicals, refined sugars and other nasties, but so tasty that kids will wolf them down.
- Best for Street Food Because: Cultivar Brazil serves the tastiest pao de queijo in the city. Grab a bag to eat on the hoof as you sightsee.
- Best for Take Out Because: Tasty, healthy and inexpensive fare makes Cultivar Brasil a top take out option.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Hungry customers can pile their plates high with guilt-free vegan home cooking at Blyss Holy Foods.
Find the 10Best nearby: