Explore Rio de Janeiro
Also Featured In
Fine international food and equally fine views are the order of the day at this upscale restaurant in the plush confines of 5-star Hotel Santa Teresa. It's not necessary to fork out for a room here in... Read More
Fine international food and equally fine views are the order of the day at this upscale restaurant in the plush confines of 5-star Hotel Santa Teresa. It's not necessary to fork out for a room here in order to dine here (in fact there's a separate entrance) and it's a major destination restaurant in its own right. The location, high on a Santa Teresa hillside, means that seats near the windows offer gorgeous views down to Guanabara Bay, and the creative menu has a French touch, while embracing local ingredients (fish dishes are a strong suit) and pan-continental flavors.
- Romantic Dining: "Plan to come here later in the week to make the most of Santa Teresa's famously lively bar scene (things are quiet Monday-Wednesday)"
- Santa Teresa's Best Restaurants: "Steep cobbled streets mean cab drivers can be reluctant to drive up to Santa Teresa, so call one in advance rather than hailing on the street."
- Fine Dining: "The views alone are worth a trip to this upscale restaurant, and the food doesn't disappoint either."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Fine food and fine views make this an elegant option for a romantic meal in one of Rio's loveliest neighborhoods.
- Best for Santa Teresa's Best Restaurants Because: This highly-regarded restaurant attracts foodies from across Rio with its strong menu, excellent wine list and gorgeous view.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: The beautiful views, chic space and fine food make this one of the best spots in Rio for a special occasion meal.