Explore Los Angeles
Also Featured In
Dinosaurs, insects, African mammals, cool rocks and more - what kid wouldn't be entranced? The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles has some great exhibits. In Dinosaur Hall, you can visit one of the... Read More
Dinosaurs, insects, African mammals, cool rocks and more - what kid wouldn't be entranced? The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles has some great exhibits. In Dinosaur Hall, you can visit one of the ten most completed Tyrannosaurus Rex skeletons in the world. Another exhibit popular with families is the Insect Zoo, which serves to educate visitors about the many different types of insect species in the world - with many live ones on display, some which kids can even touch. You can also learn about gems and minerals, endangered species and California history while visiting the Natural History Museum ofo Los Angeles.
- Daily 9:30am-5pm
- Adult $9; Senior (62+) $6.50; Student (13+) $6.50; Child (5-12) $2; Child (4 and under) Free
- Things to Do with Kids: "Special Exhibits are often going on - check before you visit to find out what will be on display when you're there as you may want to schedule in more time to visit the museum."
- Museums: "If you love butterflies, be sure to visit the Butterfly Pavilion in the summer, where over 40 species of butterflies fill the air with beauty."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The giant dinosaur skeletons here will entrance your kids; then go on to learn about many other species and much more at this brilliant museum.
- Best for Museums Because: If only for the massive dinosaurs, this would be a must-do museum. And there's much more to discover about nature at this wonderful place, too.