Explore Los Angeles
Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Type: Art Museums, Museums
The Los Angeles County Museum of Art is the largest art museum in the Western United States. With all those nooks and crannies, romantics can get lost inside; or simply canoodle on a warm evening... Read More
The Los Angeles County Museum of Art is the largest art museum in the Western United States. With all those nooks and crannies, romantics can get lost inside; or simply canoodle on a warm evening under the museum's iconic Urban Light installation outside the entrance. That's a perfect place to kiss in soft lighting. LACMA's complex houses a permanent collection that spans the globe, covers every historical era and features works ranging from European to Asian and Islamic art. Don't miss the impressive Latin American collection, which showcases pre-Columbian masterpieces, as well as works by modern and contemporary artists like Diego Rivera, Frida Kahlo and Jose Clemente Orozco. Regularly rotating temporary exhibits, constantly changing film programs, lectures, courses and special events mean that there is always something new and fascinating going on at this top-notch museum. Don't miss a kiss beneath the giant boulder, artist Michael Heizer's "Levitated Mass," either.
- Mon-Tue,: Thu; Noon-8pm
- Fri: Noon-9pm
- Sat-Sun: 11am-8pm
- Adult $12; Senior (62+) $8; Student (18+) $8; Child (17 and under) Free;
- Romantic Things to Do: "Admission on the second Tuesday of every month is free, for everyone including lovers."
- Things to Do with Kids, Museums: "Admission on the second Tuesday of every month is free. And look for the food trucks lined outside at lunchtime for a delicious bite to eat in between galleries."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Experiencing world-class art, culture and love in one setting makes LACMA a wonderful place for romance.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Boone Children's Gallery at LACMA is a creative place where kids are encouraged to paint with brushes and let their artistic imaginations soar.
- Best for Museums Because: A massive museum that specializes in "collecting works of art that span both history and geography," LACMA is one of the world's top museums.