Explore Los Angeles
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Type: Art Museums, Museums
The Los Angeles County Museum of Art is the largest art museum in the Western United States. Its large complex houses a permanent collection that spans the globe covers every historical era and... Read More
The Los Angeles County Museum of Art is the largest art museum in the Western United States. Its large complex houses a permanent collection that spans the globe covers every historical era and features everything from European to Asian and Islamic art. Don't miss the impressive Latin American collection, which showcases pre-Columbian masterpieces, as well as works by modern and contemporary artists like Diego Rivera, Frida Kahlo and Jose Clemente Orozco. Regularly rotating temporary exhibits, constantly changing film programs, lectures, courses and special events mean that there is always something new and fascinating going on at this top-notch museum. Kids will especially love the Boone Children's Gallery at LACMA, where they can try their hand at painting. It's open every day except Wednesday.
- Mon-Tue,: Thu; Noon-8pm
- Fri: Noon-9pm
- Sat-Sun: 11am-8pm
- Adult $12; Senior (62+) $8; Student (18+) $8; Child (17 and under) Free;
- Things to Do with Kids, Museums: "Admission on the second Tuesday of every month is free. And look for the food trucks lined outside at lunchtime for a delicious bite to eat in between galleries."
- Romantic Things to Do: "Admission on the second Tuesday of every month is free, for everyone including lovers."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Boone Children's Gallery at LACMA is a creative place where kids are encouraged to paint with brushes and let their artistic imaginations soar.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Experiencing world-class art, culture and love in one setting makes LACMA a wonderful place for romance.
- Best for Museums Because: A massive museum that specializes in "collecting works of art that span both history and geography," LACMA is one of the world's top museums.