Explore Los Angeles
Type: Theme Parks
With "Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter," Universal Studios Hollywood literally brings the magic to the holidays. Fans of the boy wizard will find Hogsmeade village transformed into a... Read More
With "Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter," Universal Studios Hollywood literally brings the magic to the holidays. Fans of the boy wizard will find Hogsmeade village transformed into a fantasy land of Christmas cheer and see Hogwarts Castle aglow with an unforgettable animated light-projection show. The show happens daily from November 28 to December 29, 2019. Meanwhile, the theme park's annual "Grinchmas" extravaganza returns, complete with the Grinch, his dog Max and plenty of Who-ville singers, dancers and others making merry every evening with caroling and other performances. And there will be more holiday treats in store for visitors, too, so be sure to watch for the "Despicable Me" Minions, as they spread their silly holiday cheer throughout the park.
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608
- Winter: Mon 10am-7pm; Tue-Fri 10am-6pm; Sat 9am-6pm; Sun 9am-7pm
- Summer: Daily 9am-8pm
- Adult (3+) $59; Child (2 and under) Free
- Things to Do in December: "Visit CityWalk for free and enjoy Santa's nightly appearances there as well as concerts, caroling and a huge water display at the walk's dancing fountain."
- Things to Do with Kids, Best Attractions & Activities: "Book the VIP Experience and you'll have a personal behind-the-scenes studio tour guide and front-of-the-line access to all the theme park's rides. Breakfast, lunch and valet parking are also included."
- Sightseeing: "Go behind the scenes at on tours at Warner Bros., Paramount and Sony studios as well as Universal for a real sightseeing treat."
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: One of the iconic theme parks of the world, Universal Studios Hollywood really pulls out all the stops with their annual holiday extravaganza.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids, Best Attractions & Activities Because: Universal Studios Hollywood is a unique, unbeatable combination of a working film studio, exciting movie-based theme park and CityWalk, a shopping, theater and restaurant extravaganza.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: A real working studio, Universal's tour gives you an inside look at how movies are made. Do the Warner Bros., Paramount and Sony tours, too.