Explore Los Angeles
Type: Theme Parks
Universal Studios is the real thing, a working movie studio that also happens to have a theme park attached to it. Which means visitors get the chance to go right onto the lot to see where some of... Read More
Universal Studios is the real thing, a working movie studio that also happens to have a theme park attached to it. Which means visitors get the chance to go right onto the lot to see where some of their favorite movies and television shows are made. Think the "Psycho" house, the "Desperate Housewives" neighborhood, the "Back to the Future" town square and much more. Take the Studio Tour for unique insights into how Hollywood really works. Stay for the rest of the rides there too, including the Fast and Furious: Supercharged, Transformers The Ride 3D, The Simpsons Ride and Despicable Me Minion Mayhem. Be sure to allow lots of time to see everything The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has to offer and to try the newest offering, Jurassic World: The Ride, designed for dinosaur lovers of all ages.
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608
- Winter: Mon 10am-7pm; Tue-Fri 10am-6pm; Sat 9am-6pm; Sun 9am-7pm
- Summer: Daily 9am-8pm
- Adult (3+) $59; Child (2 and under) Free
- Things to Do with Kids, Best Attractions & Activities: "Book the VIP Experience and you'll have a personal behind-the-scenes studio tour guide and front-of-the-line access to all the theme park's rides. Breakfast, lunch and valet parking are also included."
- Sightseeing: "Go behind the scenes at on tours at Warner Bros., Paramount and Sony studios as well as Universal for a real sightseeing treat."
- Things to Do in December: "Visit CityWalk for free and enjoy holiday concerts, caroling, a huge Christmas tree and an impressive water display at the walk's dancing fountain."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids, Best Attractions & Activities Because: Universal Studios Hollywood is a unique, unbeatable combination of a working film studio, exciting movie-based theme park and CityWalk, a shopping, theater and restaurant extravaganza.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: A real working studio, Universal's tour gives you an inside look at how movies are made. Do the Warner Bros., Paramount and Sony tours, too.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: One of the iconic theme parks of the world, Universal Studios Hollywood really pulls out all the stops with their annual holiday extravaganza.
Find the 10Best nearby: