Explore Los Angeles
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of L.A. Philharmonic Hollywood Bowl
From April to October, the Hollywood Bowl is the place in SoCal to see concerts and performances of every kind. The summer home of the L.A. Philharmonic, it's also the spot where the Beatles and the... Read More
From April to October, the Hollywood Bowl is the place in SoCal to see concerts and performances of every kind. The summer home of the L.A. Philharmonic, it's also the spot where the Beatles and the Doors played back in the day and the venue that hosts the Playboy Jazz Festival weekend every June. There's sometimes ballet on the beautiful bandshell stage, sometimes a classic movie musical unspools with the whole audience singing along, and other times rock, country, Latin or pop musicians belt out their tunes. Bring your own picnic, wines â" and especially if you are sitting in a box â" tablecloths and candles. Or have a first-rate dinner from one of the Hollywood Bowl's fine restaurants before the show; and remember that there's no hurry to leave, as the parking lots stack everyone's cars, so it often takes a while to find a way out.
2301 N Highland Ave
West Hollywood, CA 90068
- Box Office (May - Oct): Tue-Sun Noon-6pm
- Museum (Off-Peak Season) (Sep - Jun): Tue-Sat 10am-4:30pm
- Museum (Peak Season) (Jul - Sep): Tue-Sat 10am-8:30pm; Sun 4pm-8:30pm
- $1 - $200
- Live Music: "Bring your own wine and picnic basket to any of the shows at the Hollywood Bowl, but remember to use a carrier with wheels, for it's a long, often steep walk from the parking lots to your seats."
- Best for Live Music Because: The Hollywood Bowl has been a Los Angeles institution since 1922, a stunning outdoor live music amphitheater located just on the edge of Hollywood.