Explore Napa Valley
Cuisine: Bakery, Deli
Oakville Grocery offers two wine country locations. One in Oakville (in Napa Valley) and one in Healdsburg. Menus vary by location, but both include plenty of tasty options. In Oakville, the focus is... Read More
Oakville Grocery offers two wine country locations. One in Oakville (in Napa Valley) and one in Healdsburg. Menus vary by location, but both include plenty of tasty options. In Oakville, the focus is on sandwiches. For breakfast think about the Rutherford Sandwich with Applewood smoked bacon, eggs, cheddar cheese, and mayonnaise served on Ciabatta. But it's hard to say no to the Yountville Sandwich, with Swiss cheese, eggs, ham, and arugula, on an English muffin. Sandwiches are $9 or $10 with drip coffee or tea. At lunch, sandwiches are built with everything from Genoa Salami and cold fried chicken, to avocado and crab cakes. In Healdsburg, more than a dozen types of pizzas and salads are available, in addition to hot and cold sandwiches.
- Best Value: "Oakville Grocery doesn't stay open through dinner. It closes when dinner time is just beginning, so plan ahead and swing by just before doors shut to stock up on goodies for a picnic dinner."
- Lunch: "If you are on a tight schedule, take a look at the menu online ahead of time and call in your order for pick up."
- Breakfast: "If you are craving caffeine, you can add drip coffee or tea to any breakfast offering for a dollar."
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Sandwiches ooze with flavor and are easy to grab when you're on the go.
- Best for Lunch Because: Oakville Grocery offers gourmet food to-go for times when diners don't have time, or simply don't want to sit down in a staffed dining room.
- Best for Breakfast Because: Along with Oakville Grocery's tasty breakfast offerings, the Durant & Booth tasting room is right next door, so you can be wine tasting in no time.