Explore Palm Springs
Joshua Tree National Park
Joshua Tree National Park is about a 45-minute drive from Palm Springs, but it feels like a world away. Filled with hiking trails, scenic vistas and larger-than-life rock formations, Joshua Tree is... Read More
Joshua Tree National Park is about a 45-minute drive from Palm Springs, but it feels like a world away. Filled with hiking trails, scenic vistas and larger-than-life rock formations, Joshua Tree is the perfect destination for those looking to get back to nature. The alien-like boulders and twisted joshua trees make for popular photo ops, whether you decide to hike the trails or drive through the park. The preserve is actually the result of two great deserts, the low Colorado and the high Mojave, which come together at Joshua Tree to create a 794,000-acre geological and floral wonderland. A Visitor's Center, art gallery, and cafe-deli welcome you at the park's entrance.
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- $5 - $15
- Parks, Sightseeing, Outdoor Activities, Romantic Things to Do: "Bring plenty of food and water. Desert temperatures can lead to dehydration."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Avoid bringing the kids during the summer months, when temperatures can soar a bit too high for little ones."
- Free Things to Do: "Don't miss a stop at Keys View, which offers panoramic views of the Coachella Valley and beyond. On a clear day, it's said you can see all the way into Mexico."
- Best for Parks Because: Joshua Tree National Park is a 794,000-acre preserve just 45 minutes outside of Palm Springs.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Joshua Tree National Park is filled with stunning sights of larger-than-life rock formations and twisted Joshua trees.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Joshua Tree National Park offers hiking, rock climbing, camping and other outdoor activities.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Joshua Tree National Park offers family-friendly hikes and incredible views your kids won't soon forget.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Joshua Tree National Park is filled with out-of-this-world rock formations and hiking trails for adventurous couples.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Joshua Tree National Park is a vast reserve with hiking trails, rock climbing and camping. Admission is free several times throughout the year.