LEGO characters get in place at Heartlake City — Photo courtesy of LEGOLAND California Resort
The LEGO Friends series features the adventures and lives of five main characters: Andrea, Emma, Mia, Olivia and Stephanie. The girls live in a hometown called Heartlake City, and the building sets reflect the different parts of town where their lives take places, such as their homes, a hair salon, a vet clinic and more.
Webisodes also complement the series, which is credited with igniting a new interest in LEGOs in little girls over its several years of existence.
Using more than 100,000 LEGO elements, the five girls have each been recreated out of LEGO bricks for guests to enjoy. Master Model Builders carefully unwrapped them to join the more than 50 other LEGO models built for Heartlake City, including bows, microphones, first place ribbons, ladybugs and carrots.
Guests can create their own LEGO models at a building “trough” inside the Heartlake Stables.
A new carousel at Heartlake City — Photo courtesy of LEGOLAND California Resort
Families will also be able to dance and sing along at Friends Forever Stage, built inside Heartlake Stables, and go for a horseback ride on the 60-horse carousel at Mia’s Riding Camp.
Guests can also satisfy their sweet tooth with freshly made crêpes at City Park Crêperie, before splashing about in the Heartlake Fountain!
Knowing a few tips in advance will certainly maximize your stay at this San Diego attraction:
- LEGO Friends building sets (like many others) can be purchased at LEGOLAND. Rest assured that the gift shops can hold the purchases until you are ready to leave the park, so you won't have to carry big boxes around the whole time.
- Kids should bring a complete Minifigure to trade (It can't have missing pieces.) with the Model Citizen employees around the park. If you don't have one at home, purchase one at the park.
- Guests who choose to stay at the LEGOLAND Hotel can enter the park 30 minutes prior to its scheduled opening.
- The park is geared toward kids ages two through 12.
- The LEGOLAND California app will help you navigate the park.
Heartlake City opens to guests at LEGOLAND California Resort on May 21. Heartlake City will be included in the cost of admission to LEGOLAND California Resort.