Explore San Diego
Cuisine: American, Continental, New American
Price Range: $$$
Mister. A's just might be one of the best places to enjoy a skyline view of downtown San Diego, Coronado, Balboa Park and Point Loma, with the occasional plane landing or taking off from the airport.... Read More
Mister. A's just might be one of the best places to enjoy a skyline view of downtown San Diego, Coronado, Balboa Park and Point Loma, with the occasional plane landing or taking off from the airport. The sunsets are spectacular and part of the reason why this restaurant is perpetually voted one of the most romantic places to eat in the city. Modern American cuisine is on the menu though dishes change based on seasonality of locally-sourced ingredients. Chef de Cuisine Stephane Voitzwinkler also infuses his Alsatian German upbringing into beautifully-presented dishes. Favorites include lobster bisque, prime beef filet chateaubriand, Strauss Farm veal osso buco.
- Romantic Dining: "Arrive at sunset to enjoy a pre-dinner drink on the patio terrace."
- Lunch: "Request a table on the patio to enjoy the view and sunshine, though there isn't a bad view from any table."
- Best Restaurants: "Arrive at sunset and enjoy a pre-dinner drink on the patio terrace with sweeping bay, downtown and airport views. Also, word on the street has it that escargot are available, if you ask."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: The intimate ambiance combined with San Diego's most spectacular view and award-winning cuisine make this the top choice.
- Best for Lunch Because: Again, the view of San Diego is hard to beat and it's an excellent choice for a business lunch.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: In addition to mouth-watering cuisine, this is probably San Diego's most romantic restaurant.