Explore San Diego
Also Featured In
Set within the fashionable and historic Hotel del Coronado, 1500 Ocean is an elegant yet comfortable space with stunning ocean views and contemporary decor. Master Chef Patrick Ponsaty's menu offers... Read More
Set within the fashionable and historic Hotel del Coronado, 1500 Ocean is an elegant yet comfortable space with stunning ocean views and contemporary decor. Master Chef Patrick Ponsaty's menu offers coastal California cuisine that emphasizes local ingredients. Main courses include Superior Farms Rack of Lamb Sitka Bay Alaskan Black Cod. The dinner-only restaurant is also known for its exceptional wine menu. Guests can also choose from three or five course tasting menus with or without wine pairings. Smart casual attire is recommended. Note that the restaurant is closed on Sundays and Mondays. It's popular with hotel guests and locals, too.
1500 Orange Ave
Coronado, CA 92118
- Romantic Dining: "Start with an al fresco cocktail at the aptly-named Sunset Bar right in front of the restaurant."
- Beach Restaurants: "Go at sunset as the view is spectacular."
- Outdoor Dining: "You might see guests in walking around the space flip flops but smart casual attire is recommended for dining here."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Hotel Del Coronado is one of San Diego's most popular hotels. With its supervised, daily evening, kids' programming, adults can have a romantic dinner here.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: This Hotel Del Coronado restaurant is just steps from the sand. Its California Cuisine menu does not disappoint.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: This restaurant offers fine dining just steps away from the sand at the Hotel Del Coronado.