Explore San Diego
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Jake's Del Mar
Jake's Del Mar has been popular with residents and visitors for many years. The restaurant is located right on the sand and open daily for lunch, happy hour, and dinner as well as Sunday brunch.... Read More
Jake's Del Mar has been popular with residents and visitors for many years. The restaurant is located right on the sand and open daily for lunch, happy hour, and dinner as well as Sunday brunch. Jake's also has a very large selection of gluten-free menu options (though thte kitchen itself is not gluten-free) available at all times. Choose from seafood dishes such as Peruvian shrimp ceviche, curry and cumin crusted ahi or mixed seafood pot. Rest assured land-based dishes also delight with burgers and filet mignon. The gigantic macadamia nut ice cream, chocolate cookie crust Hula pie is worth saving some extra room for. Jake's has also been recognized for their recycling and other green efforts.
1660 Coast Blvd
Del Mar, CA 92014
- Waterfront Dining: "Jake's is a great place to bring the kids. The service is notably good and there's plenty of buzz around to hide an occasional squeal."
- Beach Restaurants: "Order the Hula Pie and thank me later."
- Del Mar's Best Restaurants: "Order the Hula pie and thank me later."
- Lunch: "Dine on the patio if it's a nice day outside, which is likely in San Diego! Order the Hula pie and thank me later."
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Jake's is located on the beach in Del Mar and has floodlights to spotlight the ocean for somewhat of a night view.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: If you love Duke's of Hawaii fame, Jake's is a member of the family. And, it's on the beach.
- Best for Del Mar's Best Restaurants Because: It's on the beach with great food an Hula pie...what more could you ask for?
- Best for Lunch Because: Jake's has a beachfront location, casual vibe and a nice patio from which to soak up the sunshine. The food is reliably good.