Explore San Diego
The colorful and whimsical architecture of Horton Plaza sets it apart from any shopping mall in the region. The complex has become somewhat of a San Diego icon since its construction in the 1980s. It... Read More
The colorful and whimsical architecture of Horton Plaza sets it apart from any shopping mall in the region. The complex has become somewhat of a San Diego icon since its construction in the 1980s. It is credited with jumpstarting the revival of San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter and continues to appeal to visitors alike to this day. Within its confines you will find major retailers in addition to a wide array of shops, eateries, and restaurants, making it a popular noontime stop for downtown workers. The complex also boasts a movie complex and the Lyceum Theatre. It's been recently sold and its fate is in question, but it remains open for now and the best shopping mall in the downtown area.
- Shopping Malls and Centers, Shopping near Cruise Port: "If parking in the structure, you'll need to validate your ticket (good for 3 hours free) at a machine inside the mall."
- Best Shopping: "Pay attention to where you park, as the parking structure can be confusing. Areas are designated by signs of vegetables and fruits. Validate your parking ticket (3 hours complimentary) at the kiosks located in the complex."
- Best for Shopping Malls and Centers Because: For those in the downtown area, this is the best shopping option. The mall is outdoors and anchored by a Nordstrom.
- Best for Shopping near Cruise Port Because: This mall is a great one-stop shopping place if you need to pick up items from familiar brand name stores like Gap and Nordstrom.
- Recommended as Best Shopping Because: This is a very centrally-located mall for visitors staying in Downtown San Diego.