Explore San Diego
Also Featured In
San Diego Zoo Safari Park
Type: Family Friendly, Zoos
Get nose-to-nose with a lion, feed a giraffe, see rhinos tending their young, view an elephant herd splashing in a pond, and marvel at the fact that you can have a mini safari experience right here in... Read More
Get nose-to-nose with a lion, feed a giraffe, see rhinos tending their young, view an elephant herd splashing in a pond, and marvel at the fact that you can have a mini safari experience right here in the USA. A tram takes you through the heart of the park, which shelters over 3,200 animals on more than 1,800 carefully designed, African-themed acres. The park recently added Flight Line Safari for a soaring view over the park at 160 ft. As an alternative, take the tethered Balloon Safari for a bird's-eye view of the entire park. And, don't forget to see a show, which is included in the park admission. It's also possible to spend the night here if you book a Roar and Snore Safari.
15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd
Escondido, CA 92027
- Jun - Sep Daily 9am-9pm
- Oct - May Daily 9am-5pm
- General Admission (1 day) Adult $37; Child (3-11) $27;
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Check the schedule before you go to see if there are any must-see behind-the-scenes activities happening on the day of your visit."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Going late in the day makes hot days bearable and the animals are more active than you might think at dinner time! If your budget allows, book a safari for a narrated tour of the park. Otherwise, it can be a lot of walking for young kids."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Animals are exhibited in their natural environment versus cages here. Species conservation is the main purpose of the park.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The park hosts a number of wild and endangered animals including species from the continents of Africa, Asia, Europe, North and South America, and Australia.