Explore San Diego
Also Featured In
Price Range: $$
Grab some complimentary coffee and coffee cake and leg out the weekend wait, because the food will be worth it. Recipient of accolades locally and nation-wide, breakfast is what local favorite The... Read More
Grab some complimentary coffee and coffee cake and leg out the weekend wait, because the food will be worth it. Recipient of accolades locally and nation-wide, breakfast is what local favorite The Cottage is known for. The light, airy interior and outside patio both provide a family-friendly, pleasant dining space. Stay for the oatmeal pancakes, grilled vegetable omelet and Baja chicken hash. Take home some baked goods and granola with you, which are for sale inside. Kids receive a menu to color and Wikki Stix, usually. The Cottage is open for dinner seasonally and has a cookbook available, too. Don't expect to linger over a meal during peak times as other guests will be waiting.
- La Jolla's Best Restaurants: "For lunch, the fish tacos and salads are solid. Don't skip a breakfast scone unless you get the raspberry-millet muffin."
- Lunch: "For lunch, the fish tacos and salads are solid."
- Outdoor Dining: "Don't swap out the scone that comes as a breakfast side. The baked goods here are to die for. The raspberry-millet muffins are so good, you'll never believe there's a healthy grain inside."
- Breakfast: "Don't skip the baked goods, including the raspberry millet muffin and scones."
- Best for La Jolla's Best Restaurants Because: It's a local favorite for healthy and hearty breakfast favorites and a nice place to eat outside (though there's no ocean view).
- Best for Lunch Because: Late breakfast is served until 3:00pm for ultra late risers who want to dine outside at this local favorite.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Dine like a local at this favorite spot. There's no view, but it's a fantastic place to have a good meal in sunshine.
- Best for Breakfast Because: Locals love The Cottage for healthy and hearty favorites. It's probably one of the best places to dine alfresco in the seaside community of La Jolla.