Explore San Diego
Also Featured In
Mission Bay Park
Type: Outdoor Activities, Parks, Water Sports
This park encompasses 4600 acres with 27 miles of shoreline of which 19 miles are sandy beaches. Facilities include marinas, a horseshoe court, sand volleyball courts, fire rings, picnic areas,... Read More
This park encompasses 4600 acres with 27 miles of shoreline of which 19 miles are sandy beaches. Facilities include marinas, a horseshoe court, sand volleyball courts, fire rings, picnic areas, children's play areas, and paths for biking, rollerskating and jogging. The park includes several wildlife preserves, making it a favorite with birdwatchers. Dogs are allowed at Fiesta Island. Water sports are incredibly popular here and spots to rent stand-up paddleboards, kayaks, aqua cycles and more are located at some of the various hotels on the bay in addition to Mission Bay Aquatic Center (which also offers lessons and camps for tourists and residents).
- Daily Dawn-Dusk
- Parks: "The bay beaches here are nice for young kids as there are no waves."
- Things to Do with Kids: "There are plenty of hotels around Mission Bay park to consider, should SeaWorld and the beach be the primary focus of your vacation."
- Free Things to Do: "Bring a kite as this is one of the best places in San Diego to fly one."
- Best for Parks Because: This man-made bay is a hub for leisure activities like walking and sunbathing as well as water sports.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Mission Bay not only offers a host of water-based activities, it's a great place to fly kites, picnic and enjoy the outdoors.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: There is so much free fun waiting to be had here with space for family gatherings, play and picnics.