Explore San Diego
Type: Attractions, Family Friendly, Outdoor Activities, Spectator Sports
If it's major league baseball time, as fall is, why not grab some tickets to a Padres home game at PETCO park if they're in town? Not only does PETCO park have the best sight lines in baseball, there... Read More
If it's major league baseball time, as fall is, why not grab some tickets to a Padres home game at PETCO park if they're in town? Not only does PETCO park have the best sight lines in baseball, there are also great views of San Diego from some spots. Innovative design features make it an intimate sports viewing environment and there are also state-of-the-art amenities and awesome food spots inside. Tailgating prior to games is permitted on a limited basis so check PETCO Park's website for details. Driving and parking at the game is relatively easy with 9000 spots designated specifically for Padres fans. The ballpark is operated in an eco-friendly manner due to the Padres' commitment to green practices.
- Things to Do in Fall: "Take a behind the scenes tour of the park 7-days a week (good if the Padres are not in town). Buy tickets online."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Attractions near Cruise Port: "It's possible to take a behind the scenes tour of the park 7-days a week. Buy tickets online."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Kids under 36 inches receive free entry, provided that they sit on your lap during the game. It's a very kid-friendly venue with grassy areas to picnic on, a huge sandbox called "The Beach," and a Kids Zone with video games."
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: Fall is Major League Baseball season so why not see if the Padres are playing?
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: PETCO Park is home to the San Diego Padres, our Major League baseball team.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: If the Padres are in town, book tickets for a game. If they're not, opt for a park tour.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: You'll need to catch a cab from the cruise port but baseball fans will love a tour or even a Padres game.