Explore San Diego
Also Featured In
Prado at Balboa Park
Price Range: $$
Picturesque Balboa Park, with its museums, lush gardens and performing arts venues, is on every visitor's itinerary. And at the end of a busy day exploring the park's many treasures, there's no better... Read More
Picturesque Balboa Park, with its museums, lush gardens and performing arts venues, is on every visitor's itinerary. And at the end of a busy day exploring the park's many treasures, there's no better place to relax than Prado, where the eclectic decor blends historic charm with modern flair. The menu is a mix of traditional and modern as well, with options such as a seared American Kobe beef sushi roll, grilled 16oz bone-in ribeye, and pan-roasted seabass. Gourmet sandwiches and salads are a great lunch option. The patio is family-friendly for both lunch and dinner and they also have a great happy hour.
- Romantic Dining: "If dining on the patio, you can see planes landing at the airport."
- Lunch: "Dine on the patio for a sunny San Diego experience in between museums."
- Outdoor Dining: "The Prado is a family-friendly while still being upscale enough to make parents feel like it's not all about the kids. It's in between museums within Balboa Park so if the kids are tiring you out, perhaps a specialty cocktail might help. Gorgeous patio, where you can see planes flying to and from the airport."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: It's the perfect place for lunch or dinner after exploring Balboa Park, hand-in-hand. It's most romantic on the patio in the evenings.
- Best for Lunch Because: If visiting San Diego, you must visit Balboa Park and this is the best place to eat there.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Balboa Park is one of our most popular attractions and this is the best place to eat when there.