Explore San Francisco
Photo courtesy of Tom Molanphy
University of California – Berkeley
Type: Sightseeing, Tours and Excursions
Berkeley is a respected academic institution, but it's also a great place to walk around and soak up some of the Berkeley vibe. Get a self-guided walking tour brochure at the visitor center, or join a... Read More
Berkeley is a respected academic institution, but it's also a great place to walk around and soak up some of the Berkeley vibe. Get a self-guided walking tour brochure at the visitor center, or join a guided tour of the campus. Either way, there are several places you won't want to miss. Sproul Plaza is the political and social hub, where you'll see a good cross section of the city's population, and maybe some impromptu speeches or concerts as well. Many of the buildings around campus are noteworthy as much for their turn of the century architectural styling as for what they contain (massive collections of everything from books to butterflies and film to fossils). Cart tours are available in the summer and the fall. Reservations must be made for the tours and they must be submitted at least two weeks before the desired tour date.
- Walking Tour: Mon-Sat 10am; Sun 1pm
- Electric Cart Tours (Summer & Fall): Mon-Fri 10am-2pm
- Contact for Specific Dates and Times
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Walking Tour Free
Electric Cart Tour $50
- Berkeley's Best Attractions & Activities: "Give yourself at least one full day to explore this large and diverse campus."
- Best for Berkeley's Best Attractions & Activities Because: The University of California at Berkeley - or Cal - is the heartbeat of Berkeley and must-visit.