Explore San Francisco
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Charles Haynes
Cuisine: Asian, Vietnamese
Price Range: $$
High ceilings and awesome Bay views establish a unique atmosphere at this well-received waterfront venue. Style and spectacle are grounded, though, by Slanted Door's authentic country Vietnamese... Read More
High ceilings and awesome Bay views establish a unique atmosphere at this well-received waterfront venue. Style and spectacle are grounded, though, by Slanted Door's authentic country Vietnamese dishes, which get a California kick from local ingredients. Taste the results in the catfish clay pot, crispy peppercorn duck, shaking beef, spicy squid and mesquite-grilled pork chops. Spring rolls also come highly recommended, and great cocktails and scrumptious desserts are worth indulging in. And with a world-famous chef/owner like Charles Phan in charge (author of the fantastic cookbook "Vietnamese Home Cooking"), you'll get quite a crowd. And don't forget to keep an eye out for celebrities!
- Best Restaurants, Asian, Restaurants near AT&T Park, Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "Leave time to explore the Ferry Building, the amazing location of this fine restaurant."
- Waterfront Dining: "Some of the most creative dishes in the city, including the signature Slanted Door Spring Rolls with Gulf shrimp, pork, mint, shallot mayonnaise, and peanut sauce."
- Restaurants with Views: "If you happen to be coming back an afternoon by ferry from Sausalito, a glass of wine and dinner at Slanted Door is a fantastic way to wrap up your day."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Slanted Door won a slew of big-time dining awards this past year, making it more popular than ever.
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Slanted Door has been a major influence on chefs throughout the Bay Area.
- Best for Asian Because: Some say Slanted Door is the best restaurant in San Francisco.
- Best for Restaurants with Views Because: Everyone in San Francisco respects Slanted Door. It's true can't miss.
- Best for Restaurants near AT&T Park Because: Even if you're not going to AT&T Park, Slanted Door is too good to miss.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: Slanted Door isn't just a fantastic gluten-free option. It's arguably the most popular restaurant in San Francisco.