Explore San Francisco
Cuisine: American, California, European, Mediterranean
Price Range: $$$
Nopa defies categorization as either old or new because it has some of both. Although it's only been around since 2006, chef Laurence Jossel worked at several traditional and popular restaurants... Read More
Nopa defies categorization as either old or new because it has some of both. Although it's only been around since 2006, chef Laurence Jossel worked at several traditional and popular restaurants before Nopa and brings professionalism and expertise to every dish. But tradition bends to experimentation, and that wonderful blend creates some of Nopa's most famous dishes, such as Moroccan vegetable tagine and wood-roasted king salmon. What's more, as one of the more popular restaurants in the city, Nopa makes a concerted effort to be a friendly, active, and concerned neighbor. And from Prather Ranch to Balakian Farms, Nopa's dedication to local, organic, and sustainable products is truly impressive.
- Best Restaurants: "Check out their "Civic Table Project," a series of dinners with special guests and speakers to add informed discourse to a delicious meal."
- Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus, Group Friendly, Soma's Best Restaurants, Restaurants near The Cow Palace: "Fantastic location - smackdab in the middle of San Francisco."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Nopa is consistently listed on a broad array of "Best of Bay Area" restaurant lists.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: Nopa is believed by locals and well-known for its thoughtful preparation of food.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Not only is Nopa a good option for groups, it's one of the best restaurants in San Francisco.
- Best for Soma's Best Restaurants Because: Nopa has only grown in popularity and quality since it opened.
- Best for Restaurants near The Cow Palace Because: Nopa is the heart of San Francisco's culinary "foodie" craze, so it's worth a trip from the Cow Palace area.
Find the 10Best nearby: