Explore San Francisco
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of used in book.
Cuisine: American, California, Vegetarian
Price Range: $$
Greens, one of the city's finest vegetarian establishments, is owned and operated by the San Francisco Zen Center, which helps supply it with organic produce. Inside the voluminous space, diners are... Read More
Greens, one of the city's finest vegetarian establishments, is owned and operated by the San Francisco Zen Center, which helps supply it with organic produce. Inside the voluminous space, diners are afforded spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay. Chef Annie Somerville, the creative force behind the menu, has an artistic touch, as proven by Asian-inspired curries, fresh pizzas and luscious pastas. Soups, sandwiches and salads also delight taste buds, as does a tempting wine list. The view is a calm and tranquil shot of the bay, at least on days when the fog hasn't rolled in.
- Restaurants with Views, Best Restaurants: "Always grab whatever "seasonal" sampler they offer on the menu to get a broad choice of their best offerings."
- Waterfront Dining: "Expensive, but a veggie delight."
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "Fine Vegetarian, Spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Bay."
- Best for Restaurants with Views Because: If you're a vegetarian, you have to stop at Greens, where they practically invented the idea of eating vegetables.
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Greens has enjoyed one the premier waterfront dining spots in the city for years.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: In a city full of vegetarian options, Greens sets the standard.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Greens uses the freshest vegetables from a farm in nearby Marin, so you can almost taste the vitamins.