Explore San Francisco
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of used in book.
Cuisine: American, California, Vegetarian
Price Range: $$
Head to San Francisco's gorgeous waterfront and check out Greens Restaurant's creative vegetarian menu and spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge. Chef Annie Somerville creates a daily menu with... Read More
Head to San Francisco's gorgeous waterfront and check out Greens Restaurant's creative vegetarian menu and spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge. Chef Annie Somerville creates a daily menu with organic, fresh ingredients from primarily two local sources: Zen Center's Green Gulch Farm and Bolinas' Star Route Farms. Dishes run the gamut from spicy red curry to broccoli pizza and spinach linguine. Whatever you choose, rest assured its made from the freshest organic ingredients around. The wine list features delightful reds and whites produced using sustainable vineyard practices. If you like your waterfront dining with a side of healthy, natural and local produce, then Greens is the spot for you.
- Waterfront Dining: "Greens serves only vegetarian dishes, so they've gotten quite creative, with offerings like Asparagus Pizza and Meyer Lemon Fettucine."
- Restaurants with Views, Best Restaurants: "Always grab whatever "seasonal" sampler they offer on the menu to get a broad choice of their best offerings."
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "Fine Vegetarian, Spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Bay."
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Greens has enjoyed one the premier waterfront dining spots in the city for years.
- Best for Restaurants with Views Because: If you're a vegetarian, you have to stop at Greens, where they practically invented the idea of eating vegetables.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: In a city full of vegetarian options, Greens sets the standard.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Greens uses the freshest vegetables from a farm in nearby Marin, so you can almost taste the vitamins.