Explore San Francisco
Cuisine: European, Italian
Price Range: $$$
Simplicity and authenticity reign at this small, popular restaurant. Zinc tabletops and exotic hardwoods bear this out, as does the incomparable Italian fare with its top-notch ingredients. Treat... Read More
Simplicity and authenticity reign at this small, popular restaurant. Zinc tabletops and exotic hardwoods bear this out, as does the incomparable Italian fare with its top-notch ingredients. Treat yourself with grilled calamari salad, braised rabbit, steak frites, roasted chicken, or salmon with fresh vegetables. Although Delfina has garnered much acclaim since it premiered, the trattoria still delights with a casual ambiance, friendly service and satisfyingly reasonable prices â" all boons to dining aficionados. Delfina is highly regarded not just locally but nationally, so if you have time for only one Italian meal on your trip, you can't go wrong with Delfina.
- Mission District's Best Restaurants: "Delfina serves simple but delicious warm bread from San Francisco's favorite local bakery, Tartine."
- Best Value: "The Pizzeria Delfina on Mission is also a good choice for the budget conscious."
- Italian: "If you're hungry on a Sunday night, call and check if Delfina is offering their wonderful Sunday Supper, which usually includes their Rustichella Rigatoni in a ragu sauce, followed by a meat platter cooked in that same delicious ragu."
- Restaurants near The Cow Palace: "Delfina's sister restaurant, Locanda, is better for smaller parties."
- Best for Mission District's Best Restaurants Because: Delfina started the whole transformation of the Mission's restaurant scene way back in 1998.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Delfina Restaurant is one of the most affordable of the high-end restaurants in the Bay Area.
- Best for Italian Because: Delfina is a San Francisco gem, loved by locals.
- Best for Restaurants near The Cow Palace Because: Delfina is worth the trip from the Cow Palace area to the Mission District.