Explore San Francisco
Also Featured In
Simplicity and authenticity reign at this small, popular restaurant. Zinc tabletops and exotic hardwoods bear this out, as does the incomparable Italian fare with its top-notch ingredients. Treat... Read More
Simplicity and authenticity reign at this small, popular restaurant. Zinc tabletops and exotic hardwoods bear this out, as does the incomparable Italian fare with its top-notch ingredients. Treat yourself with grilled calamari salad, braised rabbit, steak frites, roasted chicken, or salmon with fresh vegetables. Although Delfina has garnered much acclaim since it premiered, the trattoria still delights with casual ambience, friendly service and satisfyingly reasonable prices – all boons to dining aficionados. Delfina is one of the more expensive of the "budget" restaurants on this list, but their attention to quality will insure that even the most penny-pinching guest feels like he got his money's worth.
- Best Value: "The Pizzeria Delfina on Mission is also a good choice for the budget conscious."
- Italian, Mission District's Best Restaurants, Restaurants near The Cow Palace: "Delfina's sister restaurant, Locanda, is better for smaller parties."
- Best Restaurants: "On a warm night, take advantage of Delfina's street-side tables for excellent people-watching opportunities."
- Recommended as Best Value, Best Restaurants Because: Delfina Restaurant is one of the most affordable of the high-end restaurants in the Bay Area.
- Best for Italian Because: Delfina is a San Francisco gem, loved by locals.
- Best for Mission District's Best Restaurants Because: Delfina started the whole transformation of the Mission's restaurant scene way back in 1998.
- Best for Restaurants near The Cow Palace Because: Delfina is worth the trip from the Cow Palace area to the Mission District.