Explore San Francisco
Also Featured In
Cuisine: Latin, Mexican
Price Range: $
At La Taqueria, you'll not only get a great Mexican meal, but you'll save a little cash too! The menu specializes in burritos, tacos, and quesadillas served with beef, pork, sausage, or chicken. Carne... Read More
At La Taqueria, you'll not only get a great Mexican meal, but you'll save a little cash too! The menu specializes in burritos, tacos, and quesadillas served with beef, pork, sausage, or chicken. Carne asada comes highly praised, and chorizo sausage must be sampled before you leave. Long wooden dining tables are shared by guests, so enjoy a delightful meal and the opportunity to socialize with locals and tourists. Don't be discouraged by long lines; the staff has been doing this for years, and they'll get your order to you so quick and so sizzling hot you'll need extra time for it to cool down.
2889 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94110
- Mon-Sat 11am-9pm, Sun 11am-8pm
- Mission District's Best Restaurants: "What makes these "Mission-style" burritos so distinct - and popular - is the lack of any rice."
- Homestyle: "La Taqueria often tops the list of "Best Mexican Restaurants" of San Francisco."
- Take Out: "Communal dining sets the pace at this casual and busy eatery."
- Best for Mission District's Best Restaurants Because: If you only have time for one taco in the Mission, it has to be from La Tacqueria.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Quality Mexican food served fast and delicious. A definite comfort food!
- Best for Take Out Because: La Taqueria remains the heart of Mission District food, so it's a must-visit for real foodies.