Explore San Francisco
Cuisine: American, California, New American
Price Range: $$$
Marked only by the image of a firefly, this neighborhood restaurant features a fabric-draped ceiling and impeccable seasonal cuisine. Local, organic ingredients play a major role in the menu,... Read More
Marked only by the image of a firefly, this neighborhood restaurant features a fabric-draped ceiling and impeccable seasonal cuisine. Local, organic ingredients play a major role in the menu, especially in favorites like shrimp and scallop potstickers and scrumptious fried chicken. Richly creative dishes also include roasted duck breast with chestnut bread pudding, slow braised beef short ribs, and cornmeal-crusted rock cod with bacon-braised cabbage. A three-course, prix fixe option is available for $35 Sunday through Thursday and is a great deal. Wonderfully unpretentious and casual, Firefly lets the natural seasons dictate their menu. For example, a summer menu highlight is "Chopped Salad of Yummy Summer Stuff with Fun and Exciting Vinaigrette." Who said eating healthy can't be fun?
- Gluten-Free Baked Goods, Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus, Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "Leave room for the Lemon Verbena Soda Float with Ollalieberry Sorbet and Lemon Graham Cheesecake Cookies. To...die...for."
- Group Friendly: "Check out Firefly's unique "Fried Chicken of Your Dreams" on Tuesdays."
- Best for Gluten-Free Baked Goods Because: Flour and Co is extremely health conscious and will provide gluten-free options whenever possible.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: Firefly's diverse menu has ample gluten-free offerings for even the most sensitive of eaters.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: The restaurant's founders, Brad Levy and Veva Edelson, give this restaurant a big, warm heart that ivies everyone in, including large groups.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Firefly is serious about healthy food without getting too serious or pretentious about it, too.