Explore San Francisco
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of iStock / MBPROJEKT_Maciej_Bledowski
Type: Historic Sites, Tours and Excursions
Bay St and The Embarcadero
San Francisco, CA
- Apr - Oct Daily 9am-4pm
- Nov - Mar Daily 9am-2pm
- Day Tour Adult $26; Senior (62+) $24.50; Child (0-4) Free; Child (5-11) $16; Family $79
Night Tour Adult $33; Senior (62+) $30.50; Child (12-17) $32; Child (5-11) $19.50
- Best Attractions & Activities: "If you enjoy the ferry trip to Alcatraz, consider these other ferry rides: Sausalito, Tiburon, and Angel Island."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Alcatraz now has a garden tour which is ranger-docent led and quite fascinating."
- Sightseeing: "Alcatraz tours book really fast, so plan your trip as early as possible."
- Family-Friendly Museums: "Alcatraz offers a fantastic night tours for those up for something a bit more spooky."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Alcatraz is not only an exciting trip but also offers a fascinating history of San Francisco Bay.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Kids of all ages will love the ferry ride over to Alcatraz - and that's just the beginning of the adventure.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Alcatraz, with its long and fascinating history, is almost synonymous with San Francisco Bay.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Although Alcatraz is usually highlighted as a general tourist destination, it's a living history of San Francisco.