Explore San Francisco
During the summer months, when the inland area of California heats up, it pulls cold fog right over Ocean Beach. So those who are traveling to San francisco during the summer months need to bundle up... Read More
During the summer months, when the inland area of California heats up, it pulls cold fog right over Ocean Beach. So those who are traveling to San francisco during the summer months need to bundle up for a true Northern California beach experience. This expansive shoreline extends from the Cliff House to Fort Funston along the glistening Pacific Ocean, making it a great spot to stroll, jog or surf. Anglers often fish the surf, and occasionally it's warm enough for sunbathing - but this is rare. The water is cold, and the rapid currents make it dangerous for swimming or even wading.
- Best Attractions & Activities, Free Things to Do, Attractions near The Cow Palace, Parks: "Don't let the fog scare you - a walk along Ocean Beach will complete your Northern California experience."
- Beaches: "Take the N Judah train all the way to the beach in the morning and then walk your way back through Golden Gate Park."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Ocean Beach, the extreme Western edge of San Francisco, offers fantastic views of the Pacific Ocean.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Ocean Beach is one of the best "free" options of any American city.
- Best for Attractions near The Cow Palace Because: Ocean Beach is the longest and most accessible beach for those at a convention at the Cow Palace.
- Best for Beaches Because: Ocean Beach is San Francisco's city beach, so it's a must-see.
- Best for Parks Because: Ocean Beach is San Francisco's largest and most popular stretch of beach.