Explore San Francisco
During the summer months especially, locals flock to the area beaches, and Ocean Beach is one of their top choices. This expansive shoreline extends from the Cliff House to Fort Funston along the... Read More
During the summer months especially, locals flock to the area beaches, and Ocean Beach is one of their top choices. This expansive shoreline extends from the Cliff House to Fort Funston along the glistening Pacific Ocean, making it a great spot to stroll or jog. Anglers often fish the surf, and occasionally it's warm enough for sunbathing. The water is cold, though, and the rapid currents make it dangerous for swimming or even wading. No NorCal trip is complete without a trip to Ocean Beach, even if it's a quick camera shot from the Mount Sutro Cliffs that tower overhead.
Point Lobos Ave and Great Hwy
San Francisco, CA 94121
- Beaches: "Take the N Judah train all the way to the beach in the morning and then walk your way back through Golden Gate Park."
- Free Things to Do, Attractions near The Cow Palace, Parks: "Don't let the fog scare you - a walk along Ocean Beach will complete your Northern California experience."
- Best for Beaches Because: Ocean Beach is San Francisco's city beach, so it's a must-see.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Ocean Beach is one of the best "free" options of any American city.
- Best for Attractions near The Cow Palace Because: Ocean Beach is the longest and most accessible beach for those at a convention at the Cow Palace.
- Best for Parks Because: Ocean Beach is San Francisco's largest and most popular stretch of beach.
Find the 10Best nearby: