Explore San Francisco
Lands End Visitors Center
Type: Attractions, Outdoor Activities, Parks, Sightseeing
This brand new visitor's center is worth the drive or bus fare to the end of Geary Boulevard. Besides framing unforgettable views of the Pacific Ocean, the center offers great gifts and mementos, as... Read More
This brand new visitor's center is worth the drive or bus fare to the end of Geary Boulevard. Besides framing unforgettable views of the Pacific Ocean, the center offers great gifts and mementos, as well as a small but impressive cafe stocked by local produce. If the wind, fog and rain happen to be working against you on your trip, head to Lands End Visitor's Center for all the beautiful glory of the Pacific and no take-home sniffles or flu. If you work up an appetite after your walk, the Cliff House just down the street offers a varied menu with seating that will have your perched right over the Pacific.
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Be sure to drop down the road and explore the iconic Cliff House, as well. This San Francisco "must-see" restaurant has been hanging over the Pacific Ocean since 1863."
- Free Things to Do: "Plan on an enjoyable Lands End hike or a martini at the nearby Cliff House, as well."
- Sightseeing: "Leave time to hike around the area for some gorgeous views of the Pacific Ocean."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Lands End Visitors Center offers not only stunning views of the Pacific but a unique and engaging history of San Francisco.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Many locals rate this new, beautiful Visitor's Center as their "favorite freebie."
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Lands End is fast-becoming one of the most popular parks in all of San Francisco.