Explore San Francisco
Lands End Visitors Center
Type: Attractions, Outdoor Activities, Parks, Sightseeing
This brand new visitor's center is worth the drive or bus fare to the end of Geary Boulevard. Besides framing unforgettable views of the Pacific Ocean, the center offers great gifts and mementos, as... Read More
This brand new visitor's center is worth the drive or bus fare to the end of Geary Boulevard. Besides framing unforgettable views of the Pacific Ocean, the center offers great gifts and mementos, as well as a small but impressive cafe stocked by local produce. If the wind, fog and rain happen to be working against you on your trip, head to Lands End Visitor's Center for all the beautiful glory of the Pacific and no take-home sniffles or flu. Although the iconic Cliff House restaurant nearby is now closed, there are plenty of cozy cafes down the hill on Ocean Beach if the fog rolls in.
- Sightseeing: "Leave time to hike around the area for some gorgeous views of the Pacific Ocean."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Leave time for one of the best hikes in San Francisco proper, right along the coast on the Lands End trails."
- Free Things to Do: "Plan on an enjoyable Lands End hike or a martini at the nearby Cliff House, as well."
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Lands End is fast-becoming one of the most popular parks in all of San Francisco.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Lands End Visitors Center offers not only stunning views of the Pacific but a unique and engaging history of San Francisco.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Many locals rate this new, beautiful Visitor's Center as their "favorite freebie."